20081119

since obama's been elected...

1. I've discovered quail eggs.


2. I've once again become part of the biking elite. (And it's a huffy! woot. Thanks Marie and Ben.)


3. Celebratory bike ride through Newark after Obama's victory speech.
Lots of yelling and waving to people at bus stops down Broad.





(Tequila was consumed for all red states to soften the blow.)

And somewhere in the Ironbound a little orange butterfly is chilling with a little orange bee. Oh yeah, and there are beans above NJ on rt. 22 apparently.


4. Haunting. The amount of Virgin Mary images I've seen in the past week has been alarming. I guess that's what you get when you stay in the house of a folklorist and work for an artist whose work is often displayed in a church.


On that note:

5. I stayed in Williamsburg at Kay's place for the last couple of weeks while she's been in Amsterdam. It was GREAT not having to take the hour+ commute into work every day; biking is so much better. However, my key ring made me look like someone's super.


Also on that note:

6. I've been working mostly nonstop for Jo Yarrington's installation at St. George's in Flushing. CT, Williamsburg, Queens--we finally all finished the work today and it looks beautiful. Although I'd prefer not to have to use a razor or caulking gun again for at least a couple of weeks.



Info:
Cryptoreal: Art and Myth
St. George's Church Artist Residency Program
Francis Lewis Gallery
Opening Reception: Friday, November 21st, 6-9pm



Still there has been time for fun:

7. Danced. Easy Lover Loft on 9th. Oh yeah.
FYI: Ross isn't from America; Pata has Moiz's jacket; Sam is tall.


8. Potluck at Lynn's in JC. Very nice. Fractal food, fractal friends, and wine.

Still can't remember why she has a hammer.

9. Jon Dugan turned 24. I got very drunk. None of us look Lebanese. Yup, b.gf.e.




9. Back in Newark. Believe it or not I'm beginning to feel more whole.
Despite this:
Yes, that say 8,191 unread messages.
Don't worry, all the important ones were forwarded.
Thank god my Rutgers account is being deleted.

Bathroom sink:

And did I mention it's raining in the living room?

Home sweet home. ...Platypus.

No comments:

GO HERE--->>> amandabarrett.net